Saturday 9 May 2009

Carronade 09

Today I attended the Carronade wargames show in Falkirk. The show had something for everyone with over 30 traders as well as several demonstration and participation games on show. Of those games two stood out for me. The first was a 28mm demo of the 1743 Battle of Amstenoy, the second a 28mm British Civil War 1938.
The Amstenoy demo was impressive due to the large number of beautifully painted figures on show. The British Civil War game looked good not just for the figures, but the terrain which included a very nice armoured train .
As with all wargames shows there's always plenty of shiny new things to tempt you. Unfortunately for me my Lead Mountain has increased as a result. The first purchase was 34 6mm sci fi vehicles from Reiver. They are going towards my army for Future War Commander. My second lead purchase was twelve 28mm Fascists for us with A Very British Civil War.

No comments:

Post a Comment